For about $3.00 a bottle, white vinegar is a great product to have in your cupboard for a variety of different purposes you may have never even thought of.
- Soothe a bee or jellyfish sting. Dot the irritation with vinegar to relieve itching.
- Relieve sunburn. Lightly rub on white vinegar. You may have to reapply.
- Condition hair. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to dissolve sticky residue left by shampoo.
- Relieve dry and itchy skin. Add 2 tablespoons to bath water.
- Treat sinus infections and chest colds. Add 1/4 cup or more of vinegar to a vaporizer.
- Kill weeds. Spray full-strength on growth until weeds have starved. Kill unwanted grass on walks and driveways.
- Increase soil acidity. Use 1/2 cup of vinegar in 1 ltr of tap water for watering plants such as rhododendrons, gardenias, or azaleas.
- Keep cats away. Sprinkle vinegar on areas you don’t want the cat walking, sleeping, or scratching and keep dogs from scratching their ears. Use a clean, soft cloth dipped in vinegar diluted with water.
Although it might smell, a pot of simmering water on the stove in summer with vinegar added to it will
keep blowflies out of the kitchen in summer. A small pot on the bbq for repelling flies is a great idea too.
And if you have Apple Cider Vinegar in your pantry there are some great uses for that too…
- Fight dandruff. Mix 2 tablespoons each apple cider vinegar, water and flax or olive oil
- and massage into scalp, shampooing out after 15-20 minutes.
- Soothe a sore throat. Pour a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
Gargle, then swallow (remember Cayenne pepper is good for this too!)
- Feel good. A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, with a bit of sweetener
added for flavor, will give you an overall healthy feeling.